Adobe released planned updates for Acrobat DC and Acrobat 2017. As usual there are two separate installers:
- Acrobat 19.012.20034 for subscribers of the Document Cloud (Continuous Track)
- Acrobat 17.011.30142 for users with a perpetual license of Acrobat 2017 (Classic Track)
The update can also be installed using the Acrobat menu Help > Check for Updates….
In addition to many improvements in the user interface (e.g. Review, Signatures, Reopen closed documents, Search, Commenting, Microsoft integration) there are finally also some interesting new features for print production in the preflight function:
- New profiles for the GWG2015 packaging specifications (offset, gravure and flexo) in the preflight group Prepress… > Packaging.
- New checks (8) and fixups (3) for PDF Processing Steps. A simple example profile can be found in the preflight group PDF Standards > Processing Steps.
- A preflight profile for determining print-relevant features of PDF 2.0 (output intent at page level, black point compensation, spectral data for spot colors (CxF/X-4), color sequence (mixing hints), extended halftone definitions, …) in the preflight group PDF Standards > PDF.
- The preflight profile «Bring 100% black text to front (optionally check for visual changes)» in the preflight group Prepress… > Prepress.
It is important for Mac users that the latest version of Acrobat no longer runs under MacOS X 10.11.