Adobe released planned updates for Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2020 and Acrobat 2017. (No update for Acrobat 2015!) There are three separate installers:
- Acrobat 20.013.20064 for subscribers of the Document Cloud (Continuous Track)
- Acrobat 20.001.30010 for users with a perpetual license of Acrobat 2020 (Classic Track)
- Acrobat 17.011.30180 for users with a perpetual license of Acrobat 2017 (Classic Track)
The updates can also be installed using the Acrobat menu Help > Check for Updates….
According to Adobe there are the following new features due to the removal of Flash as well as some cosmetic changes in MacOS and accessibility improvements:
- Native user interface for Form response files
- Options to insert Flash content removed from the PDFMaker menu
- Enhancements to dialog boxes on MacOS
- Accessibility enhancements
- Performance improvements
For preflight users who use the function for embedding the preflight audit trail, the (undocumented) replacement of the expired preflight signature (expired on 11/6/2020) with a new preflight signature (valid until 10/22/2025) is important.
(For users of older Acrobat versions, I have published instructions on how to manually replace the expired preflight signature…)