Adobe released planned updates for Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2020 and Acrobat 2017.
There are again three separate installers:
- Acrobat 21.007.20091 for subscribers of the Document Cloud (Continuous Track)
- Acrobat 20.004.30015 for users with a perpetual license of Acrobat 2020 (Classic Track)
- Acrobat 17.011.30202 for users with a perpetual license of Acrobat 2017 (Classic Track)
The updates can also be installed using the Acrobat menu Help > Check for Updates….
According to Adobe there are the following new features this time mainly for the Macintosh version:
- Support for Apple devices with Apple Silicon M1 processors
- Enhanced multi-monitor support on macOS
- System theme as the default display theme on macOS (Catalina and Big Sur)
- Extract discontinuous pages from a PDF
- Organize pages sub-tools in File, Edit, and Quick Tools menus
- Save a copy to edit a shared file
- Sort files in Acrobat based on name and date
- Sort and manage files stored on Document Cloud
- Discover more tools in the Home view
- Sharing anonymous or public links to a PDF made easier
- Improved right-click context menu options
- Change Acrobat display size
- Adobe Sign enhancements
The new Apple M1 processor is also supported for the first time. But beware: before activating the native OS mode in the preferences, you have to make sure that all used Acrobat plug-ins are available for the M1 processor as well!!!
UPDATE: Enfocus is warning PitStop users on the Macintosh to NOT update to the latest version of the recently released Acrobat version.