Callas software announces the release of pdfToolbox 12, as part of a series of free online events. These events will take place from November 16 to 20, 2020 from 15:00 to 18:00. Each of these online presentations will show different new features and enhancements of pdfToolbox 12.
The Ghent Workgroup (GWG) offers a free webinar on PDF fonts on 23.9.20 at 4 pm.
As reliable as PDF files are, there are still things that can wrong with them from time to time. One of the leading causes of such problems usually is the subject of fonts. Watch this webinar to understand fonts better: because it’s always smart to know your enemy, we’ll dissect some fonts for you and talk about character codes, glyphs, encodings, Multiple Master fonts, city fonts and much more.
- Christian Blaise, agileStreams (Marketing Officer GWG)
- David van Driessche, Four Pees/callas software (Executive Director GWG)
Martin Bailey, CTO of Global Graphics and longtime U.K. representative to the ISO PDF/X committee, has published an article about the difference between PDF/X-1a and PDF/X-4.
In particular, he discusses the question of responsibility for color. With PDF/X-1a, the creator is responsible for the correct colors. With PDF/X-4, the responsibility lies with the prepress specialists.
Adobe released planned updates for Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2020 (new), Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat 2015. There are now four separate installers:
- Acrobat 20.012.20041 for subscribers of the Document Cloud (Continuous Track)
- Acrobat 20.001.30005 for users with a perpetual license of Acrobat 2020 (Classic Track)
- Acrobat 17.011.30175 for users with a perpetual license of Acrobat 2017 (Classic Track)
- Acrobat 15.006.30527 for users with a perpetual license of Acrobat 2015 (Classic Track)
The updates can also be installed using the Acrobat menu Help > Check for Updates….
There are several small improvements, e.g. in signatures and forms:
In Callas pdfToolbox 11 the functions for creating missing bleed have been enhanced.
The new possibilities are used in the included Check and fix bleed process plan. This process plan has been developed by Calibrate. Calibrate’s managing director, Peter Kleinheider, recently presented the features in a webinar by Four Pees.