On 29.10.20 the Ghent Workgroup (GWG) held a webinar with David Zwang and Steve Carter entitled 6 things about Color and PDF. The following topics were covered:
Enfocus is testing this operating system and has found some compatibility issues with PitStop Pro and Server. It is therefore recommended that all PitStop users do NOT upgrade to this operating system when it is released. Enfocus is currently working on an update for PitStop 2020 that will provide support for MacOS 11 Big Sur.
Enfocus PitStop Server 2020 includes now Enfocus Switch Core. This allows powerful workflows to be built.
To help the users understand what this means and what the (big) benefits are, Enfocus is offering a two-part webinar series to introduce the features and capabilities available with PitStop Server 2020:
- 27.10.20, 16:00-17:00 CET or 28.10.20, 09:00-10:00 CET:
New generation PitStop Server part 1: discovering Switch Core Engine
- 24.11.20, 16:00-17:00 CET or 25.11.20, 09:00-10:00 CET:
New generation PitStop Server part 2: more possibilities with Switch
After these dates the above links lead to recordings of the corresponding webinars (after registration).
Ghent Workgroup (GWG) has announced three new free webinars:
- 19.11.20, 16:00 CET: Creating PDF files from ‘non-designer’ applications with Carl Van Rooy and Koen Degrande
- 03.12.20, 16:00 CET: Creating PDF files from design applications with Carl Van Rooy and Koen Degrande
- 12.01.21, 16:00 CET: What profile should I use? (PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-4, 1v4, 2012, 2015, differences between profiles in those versions) with David van Driessche and Christian Blaise
The Ghent Workgroup (GWG) hold a free webinar on PDF fonts.
As reliable as PDF files are, there are still things that can wrong with them from time to time. One of the leading causes of such problems usually is the subject of fonts. Watch this webinar to understand fonts better: because it’s always smart to know your enemy, we’ll dissect some fonts for you and talk about character codes, glyphs, encodings, Multiple Master fonts, city fonts and much more.
The following topics were discussed: