Adobe has released the update to version 19.008.20071 of the continuous variant of Acrobat DC. The subscription variant is now already in version 19 (meaning 2019). The classic variant of Acrobat DC received an update to version 17.011.30105 (and therefore remains in 2017).
In the center of the new and improved features are collaboration features using Document Cloud. These features can also be interesting for review and release workflows for PDF prepress files (maybe with low res image).
These are the new features of the new version:
- Unified Share experience across desktop, mobile, and web
- Unified Home view across desktop, mobile, and web
- Unified Document Cloud review service
- Unified document search
- Fill & Sign with locking and tracking
- Send for Signature powered by Adobe Sign
- Access to Google Drive files from within Acrobat
- Text and images editing from your iOS or Android tablet
After launching Acrobat offers a (very) short tour introduction the new features. In addition, you will see a PDF named Welcome with additional information about the new Document Cloud services in the Home window. Detailed instructions for starting a PDF review as well as share and track PDFs online can be found in the updated online help.