Callas Software today revealed callas pdfDPartner, an Adobe Acrobat plugin used to view DPart metadata in PDF documents. The viewer identifies all DPart information that relates to pages or page regions within a PDF, making it easier to set up automatic DPart-based processes. The plugin is available to download for free from callas software’s website.
- Acrobat Update May 2020 fixes Preflight problems (12.5.2020)
- PDF/X-6 (ISO 15930-9:2020) is (finally) published (30.11.2020)
- Exchange color space eciCMYK v2 with improved gray axis (29.4.2020)
- Update of the perpetual version of Acrobat to version 2020 Classic released (1.6.2020)
- Accelerate variable print productivity (13.5.2020)
- Expiration of Acrobat Preflight signature (6.11.2020)
- PDF/X-4:2010 was published 10 years ago (7.7.2020)
- Exchange of expired preflight signature in older Acrobat versions (7.11.2020)
- Acrobat Update November 2020 with new Preflight signature (3.11.2020)
- 10 things you do with PDF, but shouldn’t! (6.7.2020)
CSci, developer of the comparison tools d’accord and PDiff, has published an in-depth article with 10 insider tips on how to best compare PDF documents.
The following topics are covered:
Recently, Enfocus had warned against switching to MacOS 11 (Big Sur) because Enfocus PitStop 2020 was not compatible with the new Apple operating system.
However, there are still the following limitations:
In a research project, Fogra looked at the print quality of PDF barcodes with high-speed inkjet printing systems. For this purpose, a specially developed test form was output and analyzed on 50 different printing situations.
Callas Software has developed a barcode check function for this purpose, which is part of the free tools in the new Callas pdfToolbox 12: